1. i -) (4 Pts.) Perform the necessary operations;
a-) (1-j2)+(-1-j2) b-) (1+j5)x(4+j2) c-) d-)
ii -) (7 Pts.) Convert the following complex numbers from rectangular to polar or polar to rectangular;
a-) 1+j2 b-) 1+j2 c-) 5-j5 d-) e-) f-) g-)
iii-) (3 Pts.) Express the following waves as phasor;
a-) b-) c-)
iv-) (4 Pts.) The current through a 0.1 H coil is given. Find the sinusoidal expression for the voltage across the coil. Sketch the v and i curves.
v-) (4 Pts.) The voltage across a 1 mF capacitor is given. What is the sinusoidal expression for the current. Sketch the v and i curves.
vi-) (3 Pts.) Determine average power delivered to network having the following input voltage and current.
2. (25 Pts.) Calculate Z4 of figure 1;
3. (20 Pts.) For the circuit of figure 1; obtain mesh circuit equations. Do not solve. (w=12.5 krad/sec)
4. (30 Pts.) Write the nodal equations for the circuit and solve for E1
Time Duration : 120 Mins.
1. a-) For a practical tank circuit, derive the formulas of 3 dB (cut-off) frequencies w1 and w2.
b-) For the circuit shown in figure 1 find the resonance frequency w0 at which E and I are in phase. What is the value of ZT at this frequency ? Derive an expression for the quality factor Q of this circuit.
2. Find the waveform of the voltage v(t) across the current source in the circuit shown in figure 2 given that e(t)=2.828sin(5000t) V and is(t)=1.414cos(10000t) A.
3. Find the input impedance Zin of the network shown in figure 3.
Time Duration : 100 Mins.
i- ) v=7.07sin377t Volt ii -) i=16x10-3sin(377t-100) Amper
b-) Find the phase relationship between the waveforms of each set
i -) v=2sin(wt-600) ii -) v=35sin(wt-200)
c-) For the given pairs of voltages and currents in question 1b, indicate whether the element involved is a capacitor inductor, resistor, or combinations of them.
d-) In given 1, I=3sin(377t-200)
i-) Find the sinusoidal expression for e
ii-) Find the value of the capacitance C
iii-) Find the average power loss in the
2. Write the mesh equations for the network of figure 2 and determine the current through the inductive elements.
Electrical Circuit Analyses
Time Duration : 110 mins.
b-) Find the cutoff frequencies.
c-) If the resistance of the circuit ar resonance is 3 W, what are the values of reactances.
d-) What is the power dissipated at the half-power frequencies if the maximum current flowing through the circuit is 0.5 A?
a-) Calculate the resonance frequency.
b-) Find the total impedance at resonance.
c-) determine the quality factor Qr.
d-) Determine the 3-dB frequencies.
e-) Determine the bandwidth (BW).
f-) Calculate Vmax and Vrms voltages.
g-) Decide whether this circuit can be
used as a good resonant circit or not.
b-) Design a high-pass RC filter to have a corner frequency of 2 kHz, given a capacitor of 0.1 mF. Sketch the normalized gain Av for a frequency range of 0.1fc to 10 fc.
EP 425 Electrical Circuit Analyses
Final Exam (Time Duration : 120 mins.)
Three Questions=100 Pts. Four Questions=130 Pts.
1. The Wheastone bridge can be used
to measure an unknown impedance
by balancing the bridge. The balance
condition is satisfied when I=0 A
and at this condition VAB=VAC
and VCD=VBD. Determine the
unknown component values
(RX and LX) required to balance
the bridges in Fig.1.
2. For the circuit in Fig.2, find the resonance
frequency wr at which E and I are in
phase. What is the value of ZT at this
frequency and simplify it also its
simplest form. Derive an expression for
the quality factor Q and BW of this circuit.
3. a. Design a radio receiver circuit (i.e a filter) that permits to pass the frequency from 88 MHz to 108 MHz.
b. Design a radio transmitter circuit (i.e a.tank circuit) that has a resonance frequency at 98 MHz. (Assume that all of the used resistors are 1 kW)
4. a. Sketch the idealized Bode plot for
AV=V0/Vi for the high pass filter
b. Using the results of part (a),
sketch the actual frequency
response for the same frequency
c. Determine the decibel level at
fc, fc/2, and 2fc,.
d. Determine the gain AV=V0/Vi
as f=fc, fc/2, and 2fc.
EP 425 Electrical Circuit Analyses
First Midterm (Time Duration : 100 mins.)
1-) a-) Express the following waves as phasor;
i-) ii-) iii-)
b-) The current through a 0.1 H coil is given. Find the sinusoidal expression for the voltage across the coil. Sketch the v and i curves.
2-) Calculate Z4 of figure 1;
3-) Write the mesh equations for the network of figure 2.